Greenville, South Carolina | Windy Poplars

Jun 20, 2013


Welcome to day four of Travel Week! If you've been sticking around this week, I hope you're  enjoying it! I'm glad you're back! if you're new, start here, here, & here
Hello Overwhelmed By Grace readers! I'm so happy to be here with you today :-). My name is Kristin, and I blog over Windy Poplars. I think Kelsea's travel theme this week is brilliant - especially with the advent of summer vacationing time - and I'm delighted to be a part of it! 
I thought I would share a little bit of Greenville, SC with you. This southern town (which my sister recently moved to) is new to me, and I have to say: what a fun place! Teeming with life, this city just shines with a fresh, artsy flair...
Besides the never-ending foodie heaven that is main street (mouth-watering restaurants as far as the eye can see!), I especially fell in love with the lushly landscaped park and river area that's built right into the footprint of the downtown district.
A delightful plus for plug-in car owners like us, are the free recharging stations found inside the parking garages - proving that Greenville is, well, truly green! -
You'll find all the shopping essentials close by, (topping my list are Anthropologie and Trader Joe's) yet you'll never really experience that closed-in feeling of a crowded metropolis. This outdoor-loving, dog-friendly town is truly a southern gem.
And now, a few photos to whet your appetite:
IMG_8310
IMG_8324
IMG_8349
IMG_8341
IMG_8335
IMG_8327
IMG_8322

Beautiful, right? This city is certainly one to place on your to-visit list!


Thanks so much for reading, and if you'd like to connect further, you can find me around the web at:

3 comments:

  1. I would love to travel here. Maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be living very close to SC soon, so I think I need to add this to my weekend trip list! Thanks, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never spent any time in Greenville, but it sounds like a place that Riley and I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete