In the Kitchen | Fruit & Yogurt Pops

Jun 26, 2013

   We live in a part of the country where it feels like summer way before it officially arrives. We're huge fans of ice cream around here, especially on hot days, but lately I've just been a little bored with it. When I saw this recipe in Real Simple, I knew I had to try it. These Fruit & Yogurt pops are delicious. I love the texture of frozen greek yogurt and the flavor is so refreshing on these hot summer days!
Fruit & Yogurt Pops
(serves 8)
1 & 3/4 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/3 C. blueberries
1/3 C. Strawberries

>In a bowl, combine the blueberries and strawberries. Mash with a fork until coarsely crushed.
> Layer the yogurt and fruit mixture in the ice-pop molds.
>Drag a toothpick or skewer through the mixture to create a swirl effect.
>Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until firm, at least three hours. 
>Remove ten minutes prior to serving to soften slightly. 

Isn't that so easy? I'm telling you, these are a healthy and delicious way to cool down on these hot days! But let's be honest, it doesn't have to be hot to crave these! Enjoy!  


3 comments:

  1. That's too funny, I'm actually working on a popsicle post of my own for tomorrow! But I used an entirely different recipe, though. The endless number of combinations is amazing! These looks really good, I'm going to have to try some with greek yogurt next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy.... and I was reading your post on New Orleans... is that your home town?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over from Allison's blog. These are looking delicious and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete