What do I do?

May 6, 2013

Day 6 of The Challenge is " If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?". This was one day that I almost decided to write on something different, in part because I've struggled with this idea of "what I do" lately. But then I realized that this topic helped me to break away from a title. Don't titles just box us in anyways?

I love, laugh, and dream with my husband. I look forward to evenings and weekends with him. I probably complain about his laundry too much. I flirt with him and grab his butt when no one is looking.
 I care for the sweetest baby boy I've ever laid eyes on. I kiss, hug, read, play, change diapers, nourish, rock, worry, and plan.
I get creative.
I pray.
I have a heart to help others, but haven't quite found an outlet yet.
I play the piano.
I try new recipes.
I take long, hot baths.
I obsess over decorating our home and change my mind daily.
I try my hand at new things and probably give up too soon when I'm not amazing at it.
I wash the amount of laundry a household of 6 would have, but for two adults and a baby.
I obsess over our budget but could do a better job at sticking to it.
I do mundane things like pay bills, wash dishes, grocery shop, and unload the dishwasher.
I get on my soapbox about something daily.
I spend time with friends and family.
I dream about our future.

What is it that you do? It's freeing to think outside of a title. I think it helps us to see ourselves in a more well-rounded way. Try it! 









2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kelsea. So much more than a title. And the laundry... I know, me too. But somehow Riley does that all by himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! Yep, same here- it's 95% Michael. A shirt worn for five minutes then changed gets tossed into the dirty laundry basket! haha

      Delete