my kind of happy

May 14, 2013

Day 14's topic from the Challenge is "Ten things that make you really happy". 

Isn't it funny how our perspective on a situation can be so different from the truth of reality? There are days I convince myself I'm not happy, and might come close if only, if only, if only...

All too often I compare my life to someone else's. From my perspective, they're happier. They've got it together. They're prettier, skinnier, richer, more loveable,-the list goes on, and on. My perspective is surface and skewed.

When I stop, focus on the truth of my life, and all that I've been blessed with, it brings me to tears. It isn't perfect. It isn't a fairytale. But it's MY happy, and perspective goes a long way in helping you realize just how much you have to be happy about.

 1. The times that Michael pulls me close to him out of the blue for a kiss.

2. The heart-stopping smile I get from Noah when I come into the room, even if I only left a few seconds ago.

3. The way a hot bath and candles make me feel like I'm pampering myself.

4. The way it feels to put a lot into trying a recipe and for it to turn out right.

5. The cool, Spring breeze that flows through our house when it's warm enough to open the windows.

6. The way fresh flowers make any space feel alive.

7. Picnics on a blanket in the grass.

8. The times my hair curls just so and makes me feel confident the rest of the day.

9. Playing my favorite songs on the piano with me as the only audience.

10. A clean and organized house, with no chore left undone for the day. 

What does your happy look like? 



8 comments:

  1. I like your list a lot....and you're the 4th person including me that listed a clean house...wonder if you would find that on any man's list??

    - Brooke

    http://bits-of-brooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire list just made me really, really happy - so many of yours could also make mine. :) I can't wait until I have my own little one to get those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see we would have a few in common- they're just the good things in life :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm bad about comparing myself to others as well. But you're right - all it takes is a little perspective to make me realize how lucky I really am.

    And a clean house does wonders for my mood too! :)

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That perspective isn't always easy to get to, but so helpful when we do! And isn't it amazing what a clean house can do? I either have to clean before I Relax or just leave the house! haha Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Great list, Kelsea. I'm guilty of the "if only," too. My hair will never ever curl just so, but all the same, I know exactly what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallorie! It's the simple things, isn't it?! :)

      Delete