Day 14's topic from the Challenge is "Ten things that make you really happy".
Isn't it funny how our perspective on a situation can be so different from the truth of reality? There are days I convince myself I'm not happy, and might come close if only, if only, if only...
All too often I compare my life to someone else's. From my perspective, they're happier. They've got it together. They're prettier, skinnier, richer, more loveable,-the list goes on, and on. My perspective is surface and skewed.
When I stop, focus on the truth of my life, and all that I've been blessed with, it brings me to tears. It isn't perfect. It isn't a fairytale. But it's MY happy, and perspective goes a long way in helping you realize just how much you have to be happy about.
1. The times that Michael pulls me close to him out of the blue for a kiss.
2. The heart-stopping smile I get from Noah when I come into the room, even if I only left a few seconds ago.
3. The way a hot bath and candles make me feel like I'm pampering myself.
4. The way it feels to put a lot into trying a recipe and for it to turn out right.
5. The cool, Spring breeze that flows through our house when it's warm enough to open the windows.
6. The way fresh flowers make any space feel alive.
7. Picnics on a blanket in the grass.
8. The times my hair curls just so and makes me feel confident the rest of the day.
9. Playing my favorite songs on the piano with me as the only audience.
10. A clean and organized house, with no chore left undone for the day.
What does your happy look like?