life | a good teacher

May 23, 2013

Day 23. The Challenge. Things you've learned that school won't teach you.

It's interesting how much you think you know before you find out you really don't know a whole lot. There were a lot of things that college prepared me for, but since then there have been things that have only come with trial and error time and experience.


Just because someone has a degree, doesn't mean they have common sense or all of the good qualities that make up a decent human being.

There is always more than meets my finite eye. 

I can't change others, only myself, my attitude, my perception, my thought process.

God doesn't live in a box. 

I don't have to pay money to learn something new. It is always at my fingertips. 


What are some things you've had to learn on your own, perhaps the hard way? 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like one about God not living in a box. I am always telling people to stop trying to put me in a box.

    And you betta preach about the degree. I know some real iffy people with a degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel - your statement "It's interesting how much you think you know before you find out you really don't know a whole lot." reminded me of a conversation I had with my dad years ago. We were on a spiritual/religious topic when he said "There is so much we don't know". My immediate thought was, "but there is so much we do know" thinking about the Bible and the depth and teaching God gave us in it. At the time his statement almost seemed like a cop out to me. I wrestled with these opposing thoughts for years then God helped me to see that they are not opposing thoughts, and in fact, both can be correct. The difference wasn't true or false, it is one understanding provides fertile ground for humility to reign, the other for pride.

    ReplyDelete