Letting Go

May 29, 2013

Day 30. React to the term "letting go". 

Each day I have to make a conscious decision to let go of perfection for the sake of relationships, memories, and priority. 

When there are things beyond my control, I have to let go.

When there are fifty dirty dishes waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher, but my baby is wanting to play, I let go.

When I don't look or feel my best, but my baby boy needs love, I let go. 

When everything is out of its respectful place, but my husband and I need to connect after a long day at work, I let go. 

When someone has made me mad for the 2,000th time, but my Jesus has forgiven me even more, I let go. 

When my husband isn't responding the exact way I want him to, but I'm reminded that I'm not perfect either, I let go. 

When a conversation turns annoying and I'd rather be alone, but I am reminded of the importance of openness, I let go. 

When I've let myself down for not being good enough, I'm reminded that I don't have to be, and I LET GO. 

What are some things you have to actively let go?

1 comment:

  1. I try apply the same "letting go" mentality but it's always easier said than done.

    Mel
    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete