Help Wanted

May 8, 2013

Day 8 of The Challenge is "A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.".

I have no idea what to share with you out of ALLLLLLLL of the wisdom I have. 

Please sense my sarcasm. I really just have no clue what to advise you of that you don't already know or haven't seen on Pinterest. 

So I thought I'd turn the tables, go a different direction, and ask for YOUR advice! Because I've been needing some advice recently when it comes to interior decorating. 

My living room and dining room NEED SOME HELP!

And since I don't have the likes of  Young House Love, House Tweaking, and Bower Power to help me with this, I call on you! After all, lots of you have amazing taste and I'd love for you to share!

I have gone back and forth between so many different styles in our home. One day I want to copy a page straight from West Elm's catalog. Bright colors, color blocking, cleaner lines, and modern style. 

One day I feel like getting rid of color and feel like I'm in the luxe of a Restoration Hardware meets Martha Stewart book.  

Another day I want to completely go vintage with Anthropologie pillows and curtains and art and local thrift store finds.

Yet another day I want to go completely rustic meets industrial.

So here's what I've done. I went a little crazy and tried to give you as blank a slate as possible to work with. No bright colored baby play mats and toys. I threw all the throw pillows in another room. I moved pretty much everything out aside from a few staples and the furniture. 

Here's where you come in. 
Take a gander. 
Study the room. 
ADVISE me of a direction. 

Give me some links to whatever it is that you think would just finish this room just right.

Pillows, curtains, art, side tables, decor pieces, dining room chairs, etc. Anything. 

Before the pictures, here's a few things to consider: 
-The  rug and furniture stays.
-The green and blue vases from West Elm match our bedroom, as well, and can be moved there if it doesn't fit "your vision" for this space. 
-The red, vintage Coca-Cola carrier aka makeshift side table can go, too! 
-Anything small can be moved to another room or saved for another time. 
-We plan to stain the kitchen table darker and eventually replace the chairs.
 

View from the dining room to the living room/front of the house. TONS of natural light.
This is the only place for the piano, thus the location of the television is the only location that really makes sense.

Wires need some hiding.




View from the front door. It's not a large space. My wire hanging system could really use some help.

A few of the smaller details that might help. None of it has to stay. Or all of it. I'm not attached to any of it. That's where I need your help!

That's a ton of info to process, but if this appeals to you and you can visualize and see potential I'd love to hear from you! 


So, what do you think? Ready? Accessorize! 




2 comments:

  1. Wow.... SUPER jealous of your natural light. My house was built in the 30's so windows are far and few between! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From seeing what you have and kind of what you're liking, I'd say do maybe a feminized industrial/natural mix. You already have that awesome wooden rolling console, the key hooks, and the wire for photos. Then adding some pops of West Elm in there, especially for the color, I think could be great too!!

    By the way, I love all of those stores too and suffer the same vision paralysis. :)

    ReplyDelete