Top 10 Baby Must-Haves

Feb 14, 2013


1. Aden & Anais Swaddling Cloths: These are A-MAZING! I use them not only to swaddle him sometimes, but I've also used them as nursing covers, blankets, and burp cloths. The muslin material is so soft and gets softer with use. These were suggested and gifted by a family member and I LOVE them! 

2. Boppy Pillow: This has come in handy in so many ways. I not only use it to nurse Noah at home, but he also reclines in it during the day some so he isn't flat on his back. I was given one and my mom sewed a cover for it. I highly recommend it!

3. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe: At first, Noah wasn't really able to have anything to do with her. Now that he's developing and growing more, he's able to grab onto her legs and loves chewing on her. Because she's so light he's able to use his arms to figure out how to push her towards his mouth. She also squeaks which he smiles at every time! She comes with us everywhere now and is a great alternative to his pacifier.

4. Munchkin Wipe Warmer: I originally didn't register for this and thought it wouldn't be necessary. How I quickly changed my mind! Especially as a newborn, Noah would cry every time I got a cold wipe out and used it on him. I didn't blame him, I wouldn't want something cold on my nether-regions either! First world problems, huh?

5. Britax B-Agile Travel System with B-Safe Infant Carrier: Okay, can I just say I am in love with this system? It took me forever to pick out the right stroller and car seat for us, but I am SO pleased with this. I really like the neutral Sandstone color, the infant carrier and base are a BREEZE to deal with, the infant carseat has very high safety rating (5-point harness and great durability), and the stroller is lightweight and so easy to open and close. I can't say enough good things about this. The carseat goes from base to stroller with one easy click and the stroller is awesome when Noah eventually transitions out of the infant carseat. I could not be happier with it!

6. Cozy Cover: I got mine at a kids consignment sale and it was SO worth it! Especially since Noah was born in the middle of winter, it has come in handy on those cold, windy days and kept him warm from the house to the car to the store and back. Another added bonus during the "sick season" is that it prevents Noah from being so "open" to others touching his cute little face body. 

7. Nuk Advanced Orthodontics Pacifier: I didn't give Noah a pacifier until he was 3.5 weeks old. I really wanted to make sure we had breastfeeding down pat and didn't want to mess with his latch. He was a great nurser from the get-go though but very picky about his pacifiers. We tried several and these were the only ones that he really would take.

8. Kiddopotamus & Co. Infant Swaddler: We swaddled Noah from day one and even with lots of practice, I'm not that great with a regular blanket. He always seemed to "break free" during the night and wake himself up. After I found this in the box of items from the baby shower and began using it, I loved it. It is so easy to use, there are slits in the back for air flow, and it keeps him really warm at night. The few nights we've gone without recently are the ones where he's been up multiple times. Swaddling is the way to go for us! 

9. Unrefined Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: We use mostly natural and organic products in our home so I was really excited when I found all the uses for coconut oil! We use this for almost everything skin-related with Noah. It has natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and works wonders! We use it as a moisturizer when he gets out of the bath and it leaves his skin so soft and smelling wonderful. We use it on what tiny little diaper rash he has had and it has disappeared within a diaper change or two. We also used it on his skin when he was going through newborn rash and it helped tremendously. 
 Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castille Soap: Originally we started out using Burt's Bees Baby Wash, but when Noah got the newborn rash on his face and chest I decided to try this Castille Soap. In my opinion it is a lot purer and chemical-free than any other soap we've tried and is gentle enough for even baby's skin and hair. It doesn't leave his skin dry and the lavender scent is great for before bedtime. Michael and I both use this as well as their Peppermint scent (I wouldn't recommend the Peppermint for baby because it is a lot stronger than the lavender or unscented kind and might dry out their skin).

10. Baby K'Tan Carrier: I absolutely love my K'Tan. This was also suggested by the same family member who loves hers and used it a ton. I originally got the wrong size and thankfully was able to exchange it for the right one. As a big believer in many aspects of attachment parenting, babywearing is really important to me. It allows me to have bonding time with Noah and provide him a safe place whether I'm home and hands-free, or out in town. I do use the stroller for occasions when I'm going to be a bit longer, but wearing Noah gives him needed closeness and security. The only thing I haven't been able to do that some other moms seem to be able to is nursing. Noah is 2.5 months now and he's definitely not tiny anymore. That combined with the fact that my boobs are in no way small doesn't leave us much room. But it is so easy to take him in and out, or lower one shoulder for easy nursing access. HERE is a video with more information- this is the position I carry Noah in the most for his age.

Well, there you have it. Our TOP 10 most-used baby items for Noah. Michael and I both love all of these and highly recommend them! What are some of your favorite baby must-haves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment