House :: The Befores

Aug 7, 2012


I debated on posting pictures at such an early stage of the "new house" process, but literally every room will be changing and I wanted to be able to show what an intense difference I have planned. I'm so excited about all the changes we'll be making inside, mostly with a different coat of paint. The couple that used to live here really loved their blues and greens. It looked great with their things in the home, but it's just not my style. As you've seen in previous posts, I'm going with a lot of neutrals and am planning on using art and textiles for the pops of color. 

This week M's parents are coming to help us with a good part of the painting. We've got the master bed and bath painting done and will tackle the living room, hallways, and kitchen next. Noah's room will be last and done after our living room is actually liveable!

To the tour....
Yea. So what? We're using camping chairs to watch television.  I've been forbidden to get a couch until the painting is done. Thankfully our only guests are family. ;)

Aren't those some bright colors? The entire kitchen is green and the living room and hallway are that color blue. Eventually the blue will be light grey and the green will be a very very light creamy yellow. I have major plans for a breakfast nook but that's another day!

Yeah, I was watching KKWTK. Don't judge. It was the home birth episode so it could be considered educational. Right?

We love our kitchen. The cabinets are solid wood and the counters actually will look great with the grey walls that can be seen with the open concept. I love the stainless steel and having a dishwasher that actually cleans the dishes is fantastic!

More blue, with our Master Bedroom at the end of the hall.

Hallway/Guest Bathroom....more blue. This will probably be painted last after I find a great shower curtain to work with. Currently loving the clean lines at West Elm!

Our bedroom before M painted it. It was a muted green, but you can see a glimpse of the new color with some of the trim work M was working on.

Noah's room. More blue. This is were the minty green color will go and eventually our sweet little baby. Right now the room is holding our home decor items, baby items, and our painting supplies.
 
Honestly, I'm getting so tired of having boxes around and rooms left undone, but I'm really trying to compromise and not rush things. If I wasn't pregnant, I'd have half of the painting done and all those heavy boxes moved. But...I just have to remind myself to take it easy and rest when I need to. I'm so thankful for the help of family that we've already received and for the help we will receive. 


So there you have it. This is our interior "before". I'm so excited to make some progress and update with some fun posts along the way!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment