Baby Update: 15 Weeks!

May 30, 2012



The picture: Friday, Day 1 of Week 15 on the deck outside of our bedroom in St. John. I'm in a dress, so the bump is a little more obvious. I just look a little pudgy when I'm in pants and a shirt.  

How Far Along? 15 Weeks, 5 Days (posting a bit late!)

Size of Baby Conyers? Our little baby is about 4 inches head to rump and weighing about 2.5 ounces - or about the size of an avocado. 

Maternity Clothes?  Not yet, but my regular jeans and shorts are getting a bit snug. I've found dresses to be the most comfortable the past two weeks! 

Weight Gain?
yes and no! In the first trimester I lost about 6 pounds, but have gained about 4 of those back in the past three weeks. So nothing onto pre-pregnancy weight, but I think baby's growing will change that!

Stretch Marks? Nope, and hopefully they'll stay far, far away! Been rubbing that lotion on every night!

Gender? We find out in about three weeks! We can't wait! 

Sleep? I've actually slept better the past 2 weeks than I have since week 6. The only thing that is still waking me up is having to pee literally 5 or 6 times a night.

Food Cravings? I haven't really had any cravings lately. I mean, I occasionally want chocolate, but let's get real- that was a craving even when I wasn't pregnant! 

What I Miss? Well part of me misses my flatter belly. As I'm growing, I just feel bloated and it's getting harder to suck in my gut! :) I'm not to the point where I look pregnant yet - just like I've been eating one too many donuts! So I miss my smaller stomach, but at the same time am ready to actually have an obvious bump. 

Symptoms? Hardly any nausea anymore and my breasts are not nearly as tender as they have been. I've been told the 2nd trimester gets easier and it seems that it's true for me. 

Best Moment of the Week? Well, Since I didn't post during week 14, I'll share now. I spent week 14 with the hubs and his family in St. John for a week-long vacation. At almost 15 weeks, I was standing in the kitchen of the vacation home and felt the first little flutters from our precious baby. I know it's a bit early to be feeling them, but I know for sure it was baby and not anything else. Since then I've felt baby just about everyday. I can't wait until the movement is big enough for M to feel, too :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea kelsea its such a great idea. Not to mention u look amazing :) im so happy for you
    kayla!

    ReplyDelete