First Baby Update! 11 Weeks!

Apr 27, 2012


How Far Along? 11 Weeks!

 Size of Baby Conyers?  A lime! Our little one weighs only a quarter of an ounce and is between 1.6 and 2 inches long.

Maternity Clothes? Not yet! Thank the Lord! Hopefully I won't have to sport those until those last few months. 
 Weight Gain? No weight gain so far. I've actually lost around 5 pounds. I blame it on appetite loss and the nausea.

Stretch Marks? Considering that I haven't really grown any and am not showing yet, I haven't had to worry about these! I've read they're mostly genetic and depend a good deal on your diet and water consumption- both of which I am doing WELL! 

Gender? Won't know for another 7 to 9 weeks! 


Sleep? In the past few weeks, I've been up three or four times every night to use the bathroom. This, combined with tossing and turning all night, has kept me from getting a full night's sleep. I think I'll probably have to get used to this! 


Food Cravings? Carbs! All I've really wanted was things like cheese crackers, bread and butter, and candy. I've also been wanting sweet tea and no drive-thru sells decaffeinated tea. I've been trying to avoid the sugar, but it's been hard. Slowly but surely my appetite is coming back so I feel that I can fit my normal, healthier foods back into my daily meals. 
 What I Miss? My energy! I've been so exhausted during the day and have been going to bed SO early. When I'm able to come home early, I've been just laying in bed catching up on shows on my I-pad or sleeping. I feel pathetic! I want to be able to get up and have energy and motivation to clean the house and be outside. 

Symptoms? Exhaustion, Nausea, Bloating (and the FUN things that come with that),Weird Food Aversions (Haven't been able to eat red meat, salads, veggies), Swollen and sore breasts

Belly Button? In. Won't have to worry about this for awhile either! 

Best Moment of the Week? Today! We had our first major appointment today and were able to hear the heartbeat! Our midwife explained that there could be chance that we couldn't hear it or that it might be hard to find, but two seconds after she put it on my lower stomach we heard the glorious sound. It was amazing. I thought I might cry, but mostly I just felt so overwhelmed that everything sounded great and is doing alright. This visit definitely has calmed my fears tremendously. Michael recorded the sound so we would have something to send to our parents. Our next appointment is in 5 weeks, when my Mom will be able to go with me! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! The exhaustion stayed with me throughout the whole pregnancy, but enjoy the relaxation! Oh, and the whole belly button thing - it's so weird to see it get wider and then flatter... crazy stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete