weekend

Nov 6, 2011




Friday night, we went to Jackalope, a brewery in Nashville, with some friends for some pre-dinner drinks. The beer was pretty good (according to M)and the atmosphere was really relaxed.  I loved the decor on the walls and the natural wood tables that each had some kind of quote engraved in them. 


After drinks, we went to Tavern for dinner. I loved that atmosphere, too. It took us awhile to get seated and get our food, but we had such a good time with everyone that it didn't really matter. For dessert, we all shared the S'mores. It was delicious!

On Saturday morning, I met my friend Amber and her mom and went to the local Christmas in the Country at the high school. After we walked around there for awhile and they got a few things, we went downtown to my favorite local coffee shop and had lunch. Afterward, I came home and watched the football game with M. I found it really hard to pay attention to the game and actually got a pretty good nap in the fourth quarter. I try, I really do! 

On Sunday, we went to Nashville to have lunch at one of our favorite places, Whole Foods, and get a few things there. We also went to several stores looking for curtains. I ended up finding some I LOVE and also got some cute Christmas decor at Marshall's. I love the globe and the reindeer. I can't wait to decorate for Christmas!


This evening, I fixed some Chicken Noodle Soup and M burned some of the thousands of leaves we have in our yard. You'd be amazed at the amount - no ground to be seen here! We finished the evening on the back porch, M in short-sleeves and me in a coat and gloves, sipping our soup and enjoying conversation by candle-light. It's been a good weekend, but it's gone by so fast. I'm looking forward to a week of getting things accomplished - at work and the gym!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment