silver white winters

Nov 10, 2011

.....well not yet. BUT....for the past week I've been playing Christmas music and getting so excited about decorating. I'm over Thanksgiving already and it hasn't even happened. I'm over pumpkins and scented pine cones. Bring on the lights, the tree, the smells, the garland.M and I will be some of the first customers to the first Christmas tree stand in our town-although I can promise you M won't be nearly as excited as I will be. I just don't get that- but I'm learning to accept that some people just don't get excited about things. 

Anyways, I've had the Christmas station playing on Pandora all week and it's got me feeling so nostalgic.  This Christmas will be our first as a married couple, meaning our first Christmas in our new house in our new town. Technically, we'll be in Virginia on Christmas Day, but we'll still be able to decorate, have a tree, open gifts...the works.

It's funny...when I explain things to M about how much I'm looking forward to something, I explain it in detail that just wouldn't occur to him. For example: "I can't wait 'til Christmas! I can't wait to have candles going, and Christmas music playing, and a quilt on the floor in front of the tree for us to open presents on and hot apple cider...it'll be so special and romantic!" M's response: "Why can't it just be that you're excited to open presents? Why all that extra stuff?". 

So you see my struggle? I feel so alone in the Christmas excitement. I'm hoping M catches on soon. Although, I know I just need to accept the fact that I married someone who isn't as passionate as I am. And that's okay. I'll just wait until we have children and watch them get as excited as I do about the Holidays.


A few favorites:



"pinterested" in my inspirations? 'Tis the Season!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment