weekend

Oct 8, 2011

It has certainly been awhile since I've blogged. It's been a mixture of being so stinkin' busy at work and just not really feeling like writing about anything. Glad I haven't lost any readers! 

This past week at work I worked over almost every day, and I still don't feel caught up. I have truly grown to love my job and don't feel like "the new girl" as much anymore. I've even got a full caseload now. As a case manager, I've constantly got something that needs to be done for somebody. It definitely requires organization and staying on top of things. I'm proud to say I have yet to procrastinate! The next week or so, I will be driving back and forth to Nashville everyday for training for work. As much as I am not looking forward to driving the fifty-some miles twice a day, it will be nice to just relax and listen instead of driving around what feels like the entire world! 

After a crazy workday on Friday, I was ready for this weekend! Last night we went to the movies and saw Courageous. It was an excellent movie. Even though it was geared towards fathers, it definitely inspired me to want to be a godly, right kind of mother when that day comes. Hopefully the movie spoke to M as well. Also, at one point there was a clear presentation of the gospel. Praise the Lord!


This morning we slept late and it felt SO good. We eventually got up, worked outside for a bit, then hopped in the truck and headed for lunch downtown and a festival a town away. 


We had lunch at House Blend, a coffee shop and cafe in downtown Dickson. They have the best coffee and the cutest gift shop. I love going in there in between visits during the week. We had lunch there today and it was delicious, as well. 

  
After lunch, we drove toward a small town called White Bluff, where the people who we rent our house from were selling homemade Jambalaya. There were also various vendors lining the main street and a band playing. We walked around a bit, people-watched a bit, and had some of the BEST Jambalaya we've ever had.


M all the sudden got the gumption after we got home to FINALLY help me put our headboard together. We've had the wood for literally 3 months or more. We put it together, stapled the batting to it, and I plan to staple the fabric to it next week. I'll be sure to post pics of the final outcome!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! I look forward to posting more this week and catching up on all your blogs, too!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really great Saturday Kelsea! Look forward to seeing your headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the saying on the coffee cup!!

    ReplyDelete