random musings

Oct 28, 2011

I just cannot seem to jump back on the blogging train. I blame it on not having a camera- what's a post without pictures? Well, I just recently got my new lens! It's a 35mm f/1.8 for Nikon and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. 

I was able to sell another lens I had that I never used on Craigslist and it practically paid for my new lens. I haven't really used the new lens yet because my camera body is dusty. I'm waiting for the cleaning kit to arrive before I try to leave the lens attached for a long period of time. The few pictures I did take with my new lens just blew me away. It really is all about the lens! 

In other news, work is still going well. I've really tried to go above and beyond what is required of me and it has paid off. I have met all of my goals for the month and am able to take these last couple of days to relax and plan out the upcoming month. I enjoy my co-workers and although the job can get pretty stressful, it can be very rewarding as well. 

The past two weekends M and I have been out of town and have had a great time with friends. It has been nice to get out of our semi-little, boring town, but I'll be honest- I'm looking forward to this weekend! We get to sleep in, watch the football game, catch a movie, and hopefully head to church on Sunday. 

My brother-in-law has spent the last four years of his life as a Marine based at Camp Lejune in Jacksonville, TN. I'm very thankful for his heart to serve our country. Most of us will never ever know what he has gone through in two deployments. This past Wednesday was the last day of his 4 year contract. He and my sister packed up their things and drove back to VA to live yesterday. They have some HUGE changes coming up -finding jobs, a place to live, etc. Please pray for them that God would lead them to where they're supposed to be. 




Once I get my camera cleaned and ready to go, I promise I will have some more consistent posting- so check back next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love new lenses - so jealous you have a new one! I'm paying off my debt, and THEN my first big splurge will be a new lens. =)

    Happy Photographing (and Friday!)!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete