Update.

Sep 14, 2011

The past week and a half has been so crazy. We spent the entire Labor Day weekend in NC with M's family, whitewater rafting and relaxing in a cabin we rented for the weekend. The night we got home, my dad came to stay with us after he spent a weekend with his twin brother who lives really close to us. That Wednesday, my dad and I drove to Nashville to pick up my mom and sister from the airport. 

It was absolutely wonderful having my entire family under one roof for a few days. We took them to Nashville, did some shopping, went antiquing, and just relaxed together. I was fortunate enough to get a few days off from work (part of my "hiring negotiations") to spend with my family while they were here. 

This past Saturday my dad's brother and his wife came and spent the day with us. We played corn hole, hung out, and grilled out that evening after some more family showed up. I've always lived near many people I've known - there's always been someone to hang out with. I've missed that since we've moved here and as much as I really enjoy having my husband to myself, it's also nice when family can visit. 

My parents and sister left on Sunday morning. Then M yesterday afternoon and will be gone until Thursday night for training in Chattanooga. It's been weird to be here alone - I can't say I'm a fan of it. It's quite lonely. If you were here, you would think my nightly routine of making myself feel secure in this house was insane. Let's just say, I'm pro-gun and have two within reach. ha!


It's been hard to blog recently because 1) I haven't had much time to write with all the traveling and visitors and 2) my camera is broken. It's really hard to make posts interesting and complete without being able to capture moments or things. Words just don't really seem enough at times.


I'm contemplating buying a new camera with my first paycheck as a celebratory purchase. We'll see if my frugality will allow it. I love taking photos and feel lost without my camera, but I just can't seem to decide if I want to spend that much money. 

Well, enough excitement for one post! I'm going to attempt to write more this week and really dig up some substance from within :) I'll also dig out my old tiny digital camera and see if I can get some good shots.

Stay tuned!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment