ten day challenge: four books & three films

Sep 2, 2011


I've always loved reading. And I'm the kind of reader that gets so immersed in a book that it feels like I'm in it - I'm seeing everything, hearing it all, and feeling all the senses written about. At the end of the book or series, I almost feel sad that I have to come back to reality. There have been a few books that have truly captured me and I haven't been able to put them down. These aren't in particular order of favorites.

1.  The Help
I know what you're thinking. EVERYONE has this on their top book list. I don't feel bad to join right along with them! It was a very good book. I read it before I saw the movie and I'm so glad I did. As always, movies can't fit every important detail in the hour and a half or so that it is allotted. It was good going in knowing some background and context. 

You'll cheer....you'll cry....you'll get fire-spittin' mad....your eyes might just be opened a bit wider to that era through the perspective of the characters.






 
 2. James Patterson's Alex Cross Series
 I've always enjoyed tv shows that revolve around courts, crime, and justice - Law & Order: SVU, The Mentalist, etc. I had read several of James Patterson's romantic books and wanted to see what his other books were like. Once I read one in the series, I was hooked. I went back to the beginning of the series and am all caught up now. Most of them are so good that I've read well into the middle of the night because I just don't want to put it down!

 3. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
I read this book my senior year in high school. It is amazing. 
Read about it here.  


















4.  House Rules by Jodi Picoult 
I love many of Picoult's books, but I love this one in particular because of the topic of autism. I've always been interested in learning more about the autism spectrum, including Asperger's. Picoult tacked this topic after much research and I think she did an amazing job of portraying a life affected by the needs and traits of autism. 















THREE FILMS. 

1.Pearl Harbor


  whew. 

2. Singing in the Rain

3. My Fair Lady (and all the Audrey Hepburn movies!)



Link up!

 

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw ads for the movie The Help I knew the book had to be good. I loved the book but still haven't seen the movie!!

    ReplyDelete