weekend market

Aug 13, 2011

This morning we woke up, M cooked breakfast, and we headed out for the local Farmer's Market. Because our town is small, there were only a hand-full of vendors. We were able to get a watermelon and some corn, squash, okra, garlic, and onions. I love buying local. I love knowing that our money is going to support small-town farmers and gardeners.
This lady makes and sells sterling silver pendants and other jewelry. I wasn't going to get anything, but a pendant caught my eye and for the great price of $25, I couldn't pass it up. 
 M's tomato plant has done really well this summer, even with some "forgetting to water" spells and some crazy humid heat. We were able to pick these tomatoes this past weekend. 
 Relaxing Saturdays like this make me pine for fall even more. We're dying to be able to open the windows and let a cool breeze float throughout the house. Only a little while longer...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, only a little while...I know what you mean about the fall fever! LOVE your pendant you chose...so pretty! Local, fresh produce just tastes 10 times better than anything you buy at the store, doesn't it? Hope your day is a good one!

    ReplyDelete