A Thirst Quencher and Cooking Gone Burnt

Jul 28, 2011

One of my favorite places to eat is Carrabba's. I absolutely love Italian food and their Pasta Carrabba is my favorite dish! It's even better paired with their Blackberry Sangria. I usually allow myself to indulge in the sweet drink along with my pasta- it's the most delicious combination. 

Because I don't always want to have to drive to Carrabba's every time I crave one of these things with dinner, I decided to make my own! I looked up recipes and stopped by the local wine shop to check out their options. 

They didn't have what the recipe called for so I decided to make my own! I got a bottle of blackberry wine and stopped by Kroger for oranges and blackberries. I had some sweet, white wine at home leftover from our wedding supply that I thought I'd mix in with it.


So...I grabbed a pitcher and filled it with the following:
3/4 bottle of Blackberry wine
1/5 bottle of Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Laurel
3/4 Cup of Santa Cruz Lemonade
4 Orange slices
8 Blackberries


I let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to get maximum flavoring from the fruit. 


Here's what we ended up with! It was bit sweeter than Carrabba's, but still very tasty. It was the perfect cook drink for a hot Tennessee afternoon. I added some ice after it was in the glass to help it stay cool longer. 



On to the burnt part of this post....


I decided I wanted to try Sweet Potato fries. We got these HUGE sweet potatoes at Whole Foods and I just didn't feel like baking them whole as usual. 
So I peeled them...
 cut them up...
and added these things to the mix.

The result, you're wondering?

I left them in the oven too long. And they burnt. And so we ate some of the good ones (which were delicious), but threw away the burnt ones. And I was so frustrated that I forgot to get pictures of the results.

I also made M muffins to take to work and burnt those too. I'm blaming it on PMS this week. Just can't seem to get anything right this week. Maybe next week!

Any good recipes you've tried? I'm always looking for new ones to try. If left to my imagination, we'd just keep having the same thing with little variation. 

 


1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your adorable blog and just wanted to say hi! That blackberry sangria sounds amazing and I'm going to definitely have to give it a try sometime. Oh and I love sweet potato fries but they aren't easy I know. :)

    ReplyDelete