Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree.....

Dec 1, 2010

I don't know about you, but I had a pretty great Thanksgiving. Forgive me for not writing as much recently. Like I said, I finally got a 2nd job at Best Buy and had to work the dreaded Black Friday. I had to be there at 4:30am. It wasn't too bad....people surprised me and weren't as cranky as I had begun to prepare for. 

I had about three Thanksgiving meals last week. I'm SICK of turkey. The first meal was in Alabama with M's and my friend Jeremiah and his family. Jeremiah is M's old roommate. We went and stayed with him and his family. His dad is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force so we got to tour Maxwell AF Base in Montgomery. We also went to a piano trio concert at this great art museum. Jeremiah's mom decided to have their Thanksgiving meal while we were there. It was delicious. 

I then had my second meal on Thanksgiving day. My mom and I cooked dinner for our family, M, and my sister's entire in-law-family. It was a house full, but I LOVE that! It was a great time, except for a few people's insistence that we keep the stupid football game on during dinner. I HATE the tv being on during dinner. Oh, well. Majority won.

The third meal was this past Saturday with M's family. We had it at his granny Jane's house. It was so nice to see everyone in his family. They made a long table that seated almost 25 people. I LOVE everyone sitting at the same table together. 

M and I spent the rest of the weekend with family. It was so nice to be home and just relax for a little while. 

On Saturday night, M and I headed to Walmart to get some cheap ornaments for the tree I wanted for my apartment. This apartment is my "first place", really. I don't have a roommate and pay for everything on my own. I think it can be rightfully called my own place! I was so excited at the thought of getting a tree. I got red and gold ornaments and regular white lights. On Sunday night, M and I went to Home Depot and got a fir tree for about $20 bucks! It's almost 6 feet, too, which is a great price for something that tall! 






It was so nice to be able to decorate the tree with M. Although we're not married yet, he is over at my apartment a huge amount of the time and its been wonderful having him so close. It ALMOST feels like it's "our" apartment....but I guess we won't be able to officially call it our first Christmas until next year. :) 


This week will be filled with finishing up a class I'm taking and working extra hours at Best Buy. I'm going to try to blog as best I can! Hope you all are having a wonderful start to December! 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment