I'm it!

Oct 15, 2010

I was recently tagged in a game of "blog tag" by Mariel @ More than.........I just felt tickled that someone would be interested in my answers to these questions. I mean, wow, what a way to make a gal's day.

Here you go! Hope you find them not so boring!

1. If your life was a movie or TV show, who would you cast as yourself?
This one is a fun one! I consider myself extremely goofy and quirky. It's one of the things I've come to like about myself over the years...that I can laugh at myself, say silly things, have silly facial expressions, etc and be comfortable in that skin....my skin. Because of this, I would pick the infamous Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy. Although, I have to say - she'd have to dye her hair and up her IQ by a few points! 
 
 
 
 2. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
I play my piano. It relaxes me. I truly love just sitting down in an empty house and playing my heart out. I was a music major for two years before switching to psychology. I'm really not that talented because over the years I didn't have enough determination to work hard at it like some others. Even still, when my fingers touch those keys I can enter into any kind of emotion I want: worship, anger, sadness, joy....... relaxation. 
 
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (money is not a factor)
Boy...this is a hard one. I want to go to so many places! I think I am going to narrow down this topic to vacation. I think if I had to pick right now it would be Greece. I've always wanted to go there and immerse myself in the culture. I think it would be amazing to make friends there and just enjoy an entire summer carousing around town, soaking in the sun, sailing around, going out. 
 
 
 
 
4. What is one characteristic of yourself that you hope your children will 
inherit?
Gee, this is a hard one, too, since SO many of my qualities are just amazing. I'm kidding. Well, I'm going to pick two instead of one. First, I would want my children to, like I have, realize who they are compared to a holy God and commit their lives to Him. Secondly, I would like my children to gain my characteristic of empathy. I feel that I have the ability to feel with someone. When others hurt, I hurt along with them. When others many not understand or pay attention, I notice their need. I want my children to realize that life is not about US, but serving God and others. 
 
5. What is your favorite item of clothing?
My favorite item of clothing would have to be a floral dress I got at Target last year. It totally looks vintage and is the most comfortable thing to wear. I love wearing dresses and this one fits me to a T. I don't have any pictures of this dress, but believe me...it's cute! 
 
6. What crayon color best describes you?
Any color with two words in it's name. I consider my thoughts complex, thus any color that has two words was clearly just too intriguing to have only one word. And I'm being serious. ha.
 

 
7. What is the best gift you've ever received?
The grace of Christ. 
 
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
This may sound just completely selfish and self-absorbed, but I LOVE getting comments from other readers. Even if it's just one line, I love getting notifications in my Inbox that people are actually reading and liking what I say enough to say something back! 
 
Well, that's that! I won't be continuing the Tag...is that awful? I've just had THAT kind of week. It's been hectic and I haven't even really done anything. I'm relying on the other 7 girls that were tagged to keep it going. I have faith in them. Unless they're like me. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. i think some people would throw a huge fit if lucille ball ever died her hair! thanks for playing along!

    it seems like EVERYONE (including me) had a crazy week. hope you have a lovely and relaxing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week was crazy but in that OH MY WORD MY GOD IS REAL AND LOVES ME AND I AM ON FIRE FOR HIM type of way... I just sort of drifted and floated on through. Blessed but stressed of course sense, well, we just live IN THE WORLD. Enough said. Lol. I loved your answers! I really felt like I was reading a good friends blog because your thoughts were very similar to mine in regards to the CHILDREN and also just your genuine humor.. So lovely. Have a blessed SUNDAY and I really always enjoy reading your blog. IT's refreshing to see someones faith so rich and real within their blog! It encourages me to keep him FIRST..

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete