Blogging

Apr 23, 2010

I'll admit, I was kind of reluctant to start this blog. I didn't want this to be a diary type of deal, where I just write about all my emotions and complain about the day. 

Not that I do that sort of thing in my own diary...

Anyway, I ultimately want this to be a sort of testimony of my life. If only for me, I'll be able to read back in a couple of years and remember little things, big things,what  how I felt about something, what God has done in my life, and the fun, hard, sad, trying, joyful, bring me to my knees, utterly moving moments along the way. 

In three and a half weeks I will officially be a college graduate with a B.S. in Psychology. Whoa. It's been a interesting road that has led to where I am now...not always the best, definitely not terrible. A growing experience? MOST definitely. From here on, I've got a summer that awaits. No work, no school. 

JUST time to relax. reach out. love. search. grow. make a difference. create. sleep. try a new recipe. make more jewelry. spend time with others. give. think. rest. wait. go. read. dream even more. DO.

Graduate school begins in a couple months. I'm getting a new apartment at some point. God is stretching me, growing me, and showing me SO many things. I can only look forward with excitement at what's going to happen next.

Funny thing...last weekend the Holy Spirit brought to my mind Romans 8:28 on a particularly rough night. It says, "And we know that in God all things work together for good for those who love him and who have been called according to His purpose".

Recently, I've made some pretty tough life decisions in order to live fully according to God's purpose for my life. The next day, I was flipping through the pages of a devotional book at church and the first page I turned to had this verse and this verse only smack dab on the middle of the page. That night, the pastor spoke out of Romans 8. I'm pretty sure God was trying to tell me something, don't you? I HAVE to believe that verse. I CHOOSE to believe the promises of God. He never fails and could never disappoint me, no matter how many times I fail.  That promise is why I am excited about the future and the next couple months. I'm ready for an adventure. And by golly, I'm going on one.

1 comment:

  1. I like reading your blogs. Keep writing them. : )

    ReplyDelete